Delicious Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs Recipe
Polpette are meatballs
Meatballs are served as a main dish or in soups all throughout Italy. Almost every country in the world has their own version of a meatball. Italian-Americans created their own main dish of meatballs served with spaghetti, which is something I had never seen before in Italy.
With this recipe, I remembered how much I loved these little treats that mamma used to make for me when I was a little kid, so I wanted to create something with a little surprise in the middle, that would be fun and delicious for both kids and adults.
Pan fried meatballs are an Italian classic made with beef and/or pork, with Pecorino Romano, parsley and garlic and breadcrumbs. With this recipe, I made them into small oval shapes and filled them with fresh mozzarella, so when you bite into them, they ooze out with the creamy cheese.
Served with an arugula and tomato salad, it’s a perfect Italian dinner that your whole family will love. If you are having a cocktail party, you can pierce each little polpette with a small skewer and serve them as a bite size appetizer. Enjoy this delicious and versatile staple of Italian cuisine.
Polpette with Mozzarella (Italian Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs)
This recipe for Italian mozzarella stuffed meatballs is to die for. The addition of mozzarella makes this dish absolutely amazing.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups Pecorino-Romano cheese (grated )
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 4 Tbs Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (cubed)
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients above except for the olive oil and mozzarella.
- Using your hands, roll the meat into golf ball sized meatballs. With your finger make a hole in the center and place a cube of mozzarella.
- Cover the cheese with the remaining meat, and shape into an oval.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the meatball for about 3 minutes on each side. Until meatballs are golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve warm.
Other meat recipes:
- Italian Meatballs Recipe with Neapolitan Sauce
- Authentic Italian Beef Recipe
- Italian Braciole Recipe with Tender Strips of Steak and Sauce
- Stuffed Chicken Involtini Recipe with Mushroom Gravy