Fettuccine Recipe with Roasted Bell Peppers and Cherry Tomatoes
I love the flavors and colors of vegetables in the Summer! Just seeing all the fresh and brightly-colored vegetables at the farmer’s market makes me want to create beautiful recipes. Roasting red peppers with the sweet cherry tomatoes, brings out their creaminess and flavor in a different way than just sautéing them. It becomes a colorful painting on the plate, and even more memorable when you’ve taken your first bite. This dish is so easy and so sweet and delicious, I know you will be making it all Summer long, and it’s even vegan.
Fettuccine with Roasted Bell Peppers and Cherry Tomatoes
This summery recipe is easy to make and delicious, it combines a few different ingredients for an aromatic dish!
- 4 bell peppers (2red, 1yellow, 1orange cleaned and halved.)
- 4 cloves garlic (medium cloves minced)
- 1 cup small grape or cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley (fresh and chopped)
- 2-1/2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil (plus 2 tablespoons cup for roasting)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 12 oz. dried fettuccine
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated)
With a kitchen knife halve the bell peppers.
In a large shallow baking pan, put the the tomatoes and the halved bell pepper skin side up, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, add 1 teaspoon of salt and some freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Transfer to the oven and roast them for 30 minutes or until the skin chars just a little and start to peel off.
- Transfer on a large dish and let them cool down.
- Collect the oil from the baking pan and mix it with the 2 1/2 tablespoons unused. ( now you have 4 1/2 tablespoons of flavored olive oil)
- When cool, peel the skin off and julienne them.
- Collect all the tomatoes and set aside. (You don’t need to peel the tomatoes).
- Heat the mixed olive oils In a 12-inch skillet.
Add the minced garlic and saute´ for 1 minute or less, do not burn it!
- Add the bell peppers and tomatoes and stir to incorporate.
- Add salt and pepper, the chili flakes and the vegetable stock, bring to a simmer cover and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid reduces to half.
- Turn off the heat and add the parsley.
For the pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the Fettucine and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. (check the cooking time on the pasta box)
- Drain and transfer immediately to the skillet with the sauce, toss vigorously with tongs to coat and add the rest of the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Serve on warm plates.
Other Italian pasta recipes:
- Spaccatelle pasta with tuna, artichokes and olives
- Strozzapreti pasta with squid and tomato sauce
- Penne Campagnola